The beautiful castle is mentioned for the first time in 1300. The ghost of the castle, the holy Birgitta, is still wandering around.
Today the castle functions as a County College. In the forrest of Rydehave there is a cave which the patriots used during the second world war.
The castle park and the forrest is open to the public.